The core of the recipe is:
Check out the video below for some images and instructions.
I wish I would have done this sooner, it’s SO EASY. I normally don’t like store bought corn tortillas but these are incredibly tasty. I wish I would have done this sooner.
- Mix the flour, salt, and water.
- Heat up a skillet
- Make golf ball sized balls with the flour
- We cut a ziplock bag into two pieces, you can keep using these to help prevent the dough from sticking.
- Press a ball
- Lay it out on the hot skillet
- Give it 20-30 seconds, flip, check it after another 30 seconds, repeat until done. Could take 1-2 minutes is all.
- Store them in cloth tortilla holders for at least a few minutes to 10-20 minutes so they soften up a bit.
We’ve been finally making homemade tortillas and it’s SO EASY! Desi says this is just like they made them in Mexico All you need is some corn flour, water, salt, and a tortilla press. Making them at home saves plastic, money, it’s easy & enjoyable, and they’re soooo tasty! Have you ever made these, why or why the heck not? #longrun #trailrunners #veganstrong #brookingsmarathon #nomeatnoproblem #easyrun #brightonmarathon #firsthalfmarathon #runsonplants #couch25k #runcrazyhorse #deadwoodmarathon #fargomarathon #tcmarathon #twincitiesmarathon