Few people can say they truly gave something everything they had in an effort to reach their full potential.
I am working towards my full potential as a runner, living in Rapid City, South Dakota. I’m fortunate to be able to live and run in the mountains and forests of western South Dakota where the winters and summers are both more mild then farther east on the prairie or farther west into the higher elevation mountains of Wyoming/Montana/Colorado.
I consider myself retired because if I had a billion dollars & never had to work another day in my life, I would do the same thing I do now. As a running coach I spend my days reading & writing about running, as well as interacting with runners all over the world.
My history may not be like most other running coaches. I was not a high school athlete and did not run for a university. I was a 230 pound gamer during my freshmen year of high school. Within three years I was 165 pounds and quite muscular, having taken to weight lifting. While I was a college freshmen I purchased a road bike, and my endurance life began. I dropped another 20 pounds and currently sit in the 140’s.
Having done multiple ultra marathons and an Ironman, my current training is geared towards developing my 5k-13.1 mile races. My goal is to become the best athlete I can become. I work from home and am able to train and recover as best as just about anyone could.
Best Recovery Tips: Have a plan after the race!
Click DOWNLOAD and receive my best post-race recovery tips as well as a three week recovery running schedule!
Download it now: Have it for when you need it!
Learn more about me:
- In Good Company | Dakota Uprising interview
- A Runner’s Life #24 at the Only Atoms blog.
- Inspirational Souls Interview
- Reddit Advanced Running Interview
- Reddit Running Featured Member Spotlight
- Lil Mys Ninja
Race Times on fast or repeat courses:
- Nov 6 – The Good Life Halsfy 1:23:30
- Oct 30 – Halloween Sock Hop 18:25 PR
- Oct 9 – Crazy Horse Half 1:23:12
- May 21 Fargo Half Marathon – 1:25:20
- June 5 Deadwood Mickelson Trail Half – 1:28:00
- Crazy Horse Half Marathon – 1:26:30
- Deadwood Half Marathon – 1:25:12
- Crazy Horse Half Marathon – 1:23:11 PR
- Two small 5ks – 18:36
- Sioux Falls Half Marathon – 1:28:13
- Watertown Half Marathon – 1:24:18
5k: 18:25 (fall 2016)
13.1: 1:23:11 (fall 2014)
26.2: 3:19:32 (2011)
50: 11:31 (2011)
100: 27:35 (2011)
Pages I have been featured and quoted:
Pink Gorilla Events – How to Run Your Best Halfsy